We help non-profit organisations function more effectively
A YEAR together – A STEP forward
This is our expert help flagship programme.
- In the first phase of the project, our employees offer representatives of non-profit organisations professional training focusing on audit, accounting, taxes, and internal processes under the heading of the KPMG Business Institute.
- Every year, over 100 non-profit representatives complete one or more of the nine different training programmes.
- In 2013, we trained a total of 119 non-profit sector representatives in six professional training programmes. Our employees devoted 99 hours of their time to the preparation and leading of educational courses for the non-profit sector.
- In 2014, we trained a total of 137 non-profit sector representatives in ten professional training programmes and our training programmes were newly also held in Moravia. Our employees devoted 199 hours of their time to the preparation and leading of educational courses for the non-profit sector. (for more information, click here)
- In 2015, we trained a total of 195 non-profit sector representatives in nine professional training programmes. Our employees devoted 95.25 hours of their time to the preparation and leading of educational courses for the non-profit sector. (for more information, click here)
„As an assistant 16 years ago, I was assigned to an audit engagement in one of a major Czech foundations. Over time, I have become a specialist in the audit and accounting of non-profit organisations and I often share my knowledge with my colleagues. When I got the opportunity to train representatives of the non-profit sector as well, I did not want to miss it. I like helping other people in general and as for the development of the non-profit sector I am even happier to lend a hand as we are helping those who serve a good cause and who will appreciate our technical advice.“
- In the second phase of the project, our employees vote on the non-profit organisation with which we will enter into a year-long partnership, providing them with additional training, professional advice, volunteering, as well as financial support.
- From the 2015 finalists of the A YEAR together – A STEP forward programme, our employees selected the Nadání a dovednosti (talent and skills) organisation, which aims to improve the job and career opportunities for children from children’s and foster homes.
In 2015, Nadání a dovednosti was offered:
- consultations on risk and internal process management,
- human resource management consultations,
- a financial audit,
- customer experience management consultations,
- the opportunity to sell its products at KPMG’s annual Holiday Fair in the Prague office,
- more than CZK 300 000 in financial support raised in KPMG’s annual Christmas collection,
- cooperation in our A Dream Come True Christmas campaign.
„When we at Nadání a dovednosti found out that we had been selected to cooperate with KPMG within the A YEAR together – A STEP forward programme, we were delighted, but at that moment we had no idea how immense the support would really turn out to be.
Thanks to KPMG we were able to develop both our organisation as well as our clients from children’s and foster homes, as we could provide them with a number of courses aimed at developing and improving not only their soft but also their hard skills. The feedback which we received from our clients was very enthusiastic and thankful. Many of our clients thus got a chance to pursue their dreams and to earn a living by doing something they love.
I trust that thanks to our cooperation with KPMG we were able to prepare our clients well for the life they will face after they leave the children’s home or their foster families.
As the organisation’s director and fundraiser in one person I communicate with a lot of companies that want to support us, but I honestly have to say that the CSR programmes of none of them are as sophisticated and comprehensive as KPMG’s.
I would very much like to express my gratitude that KPMG and its employees selected our organisation as their partner in the A YEAR together – A STEP forward programme.”